There are times and cases when we, as a developer, have to build a solution which is very much specific to a particular project or application. This solution demands a very determined approach to solving a specific problem which is not required for other site collections of your tenant. Below are some of the reasons why we need a site collection app catalog.
- Provide isolated and focused solution/web part for a particular project.
- Tenant level App/Add-in is visible to all site collection under a tenant. Risk of installing the app in other site collections is nullified for which solution is not required.
- Provides controls to Site collection admins to manage solutions specific on site collection.
- No need to provide access to site collection admins to deploy the app on the tenant.
- Saves times and faster deployment methodology.
- Enabling site collection app catalog for the particular site requires tenant level administrator access.
- This is a one-time activity to be done by tenant admins.
Once you go to the site collection, you will see the app for SharePoint library which can be used to deploy the app.